- Cut your macrame cord into eight equal pieces. The length of each piece will depend on how large you want your frame to be. A good starting length is around 40 inches per piece.
- Tie the eight pieces of cord onto the wooden dowel or branch. Fold each piece of cord in half, then loop the folded end over the dowel and pull the loose ends through the loop. Tighten the knot to secure the cord to the dowel. Repeat for all eight cords, spacing them evenly along the dowel.
- Create a macrame square knot pattern to form the frame of the photo holder. Start with the first four cords on the left side of the dowel. Take the first cord and make a forward knot by crossing it over the second cord and pulling it through the loop. Then, take the fourth cord and make a backward knot by crossing it over the third cord and pulling it through the loop.
- Repeat this process with the same four cords, working from left to right, until the knots form a square pattern. Repeat this process with the four cords on the right side of the dowel.
- Continue to create additional rows of square knots until you've reached your desired frame size. You can make the frame as large or small as you'd like.
- Attach your photos to the macrame frame using wooden clothespins. You can use as many or as few photos as you'd like, and change them out as often as you'd like.
A macrame photo hanging frame is a beautiful and unique way to display your favorite photos, and it can add a decorative touch to any room in your home. It's also a fun and creative activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and skill levels.
You may also like
Webby toys was founded with a wish. Wish to spread smiles, share happiness and build a better world for our ever-curious young minds.